Thursday, March 7, 2013

Flannel Friday-Little Cloud

We are on a break from story time this month, which is when I can make a dent on my TBD pile.  In preparation for our story time theme of "Clouds and Rainbows" in April, I created Little Cloud by Eric Carle using a pattern from Kidzclub.  If you aren't familiar with the story, the clouds make shapes, similar to It Looked Like Spilt Milk by Charles Shaw.  To make your own, you will need at least 8 pieces of white felt.

 


Little Cloud
 
 

The first half of the shapes
 
 
The last shapes
 
This story works well for my 2-3 year olds because they like to guess the shapes.  It is kind of like an I Spy book for younger ages.
 
This week's round-up is hosted by Sharon at Rain Makes Applesauce.  It will also include special posts about "What Flannel Friday Means to Me". 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I like how the flannel makes the clown more accessible. I usually skip that page because some kids always get upset.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am inspired to remake this. Have no idea where my pieces went...but I love the way it looks and it is great to have the guessing. thanks ~ jane

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...