Thursday, March 14, 2013

Very Hungry Caterpillar Headband

As a children's librarian, I love Pinterest.  When I have a program to plan and need some ideas, it is my "go-to" place to start.  We are doing a special story time next Wednesday to celebrate The Very Hungry Caterpillar's birthday, but needed some craft ideas for preschoolers.  After searching Pinterest, I found this picture, but there was no pattern.  This morning I designed a pattern from the picture and cut out pieces for our program.  Here's what I came up with:

 
We started with a 4-inch wide headband.  I like to use a paper clip to close it up, because young kids tend to take them frequently off and on.  The paperclip gives the headband some give.
 
 
Then I added yellow and green circles for his eyes and purple antennae.  I think that it ended up looking cute and can't wait to see all of our little "caterpillars".  Stop by next week for more info from the program.


5 comments:

  1. Hello there, your pattern did not come up when clicked on could you try re-post it? I think this is adorable. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried it again and it worked the second time. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is normal construction paper long enough to fit around a child's head?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually no. I use the large construction paper (maybe 12x18) and cut it into strips. I normally need 1 full strip and half of another strip stapled together.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...