Since this year's summer reading theme is Fizz Boom Read, I cut stars out of 8 1/2 x 11 90 lb. cardstock. To make a pattern, I went into Publisher, used the star shape and made it as big as possible and so it would still fit on the paper. As kids came into the room, I handed them two stars. Also, I explained that one star would go home with them and one would stay to decorate the library. I set up stations in our Activity Room and each station had a different art supply.
This Year's Stations Include:
- Glitter Glue from Discount School Supply-I really like these bottles because the young hands are able to easily squeeze them. Please note-you can never have too much glitter glue.
- Watercolor Paints from Discount School Supply
- Chubbie Markers from Discount School Supply-These are awesome! Kids love to make dots and color with them. The finished product looks similar to something painted. They aren't as messy for little hands as regular markers.
- Star Stampers from Oriental Trading
- Star Stickers from Oriental Trading
One of my staff members had made a bulletin board for Fizz Boom Read in the Activity Room. We added our finished stars to the board.
What's really fun about this is that kids are always taking their parents back there to find their star. It's like our own art gallery!