Thursday, June 13, 2013

Flannel Friday-5 Frogs

A couple of years ago, we had a fantastic intern named Lynn.  Before she left us, she made us a bunch of flannelboards.  These five frogs are one of those that she made.  I love it when other people make me flannelboards, because they tend to do things in a totally different way than I would.  This gives me variety and sparks my imagination in other ways.


Personally, I never would have thought to make my frogs out of circles.  I now wonder how many other animals I can make out of simple shapes!


The base circle (dark green) is made out of a stiff felt to give the frog some stability.  The other parts are all cut out of normal felt.  He has velcro on the back to help hold him to the board due to his weight.

You can use these frogs for a many frog rhymes/songs, including Five Little Speckled Frogs or Five Little Frogs.  This would also make a good craft for preschoolers out of construction paper and you can send them home with a copy of the rhyme.

Kathryn is hosting her first ever Flannel Friday round-up this week at Fun with Friends at Storytime!  Stop by and check it out.

3 comments:

  1. I never get tired of cute frog ideas! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These frogs are simply perfect. I am not a frog-person, but these have a strong possibility to make it to the "flannelize soon" pile! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like them because they are simple shapes. You can sneak them into multiple themes then!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...