Friday, April 19, 2013

Flannel Friday-If You Give a Mouse a Cookie

I don't know how I have missed creating this flannelboard before when I use If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Numeroff all the time.  It is the theme of our next Play to Learn early literacy program, which I will be doing at another location.  Since I will be traveling, I want a flannelboard that will be portable and that multiple kids can use at one time.  It's time for another pizza box flannelboard!


If you haven't used If You Give a Mouse a Cookie before, it is a great example of a circular story.  I made the pieces small enough so I could fit multiple on top of a 10-inch pizza box.  My goal is for the kids to see if this happens, then this will happen (or that the mouse and the cookie are both on the board at the same time.)  I couldn't find any patterns so I drew my own (warning-parts are not to scale, but I am okay with that).  The pieces are all cut out of felt and details are done with puffy paint.  For the mirror, I added silver glitter glue


I added in a little early literacy by writing the color names on the crayons.


I was running behind on writing this post this week so the paint on my flannel pieces is still wet.  The story book couldn't be moved, but I took a picture of it anyways.  To make it look like an actual book, I tried to draw Pigeon with blue puffy paint (it kind of looks like a cross between Pigeon and a blue dog to me.)


Miss Courtney Meets Bobo is hosting this week's Flannel Friday round-up.  For all things Flannel Friday, check out the blog.  If you are planning upcoming story times, check out the Flannel Friday Pinterest page.

5 comments:

  1. Love it! Laura Numeroff's circular stories are some of my favorites. In fact, I'm planning an event in the fall featuring them. Are you willing to share your patterns?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I have the flannelboard pattern linked above and everything else should be posted here before the end of May.

      Delete
  2. You're mouse is so cute. I'll have to show my son the Pigeon and see what he thinks. Thank you for sharing this week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...