Friday, February 6, 2015

Toddler Valentine's Crafts

The neat thing about working with toddlers is that you can reuse awesome crafts and programs every 2-3 years for a whole new crowd.  2 of the crafts from this program have been posted here before and 1 is new.  My toddler craft programs are limited to 20 2 and 3 year olds.  I run it as a station program where there is a different craft at each station.  Almost everything is precut and I try to focus on only one skill per station (ex. gluing).

Craft #1-Envelope totes
This craft appeared in my first post ever.  To make your own, seal an envelope.  One of the corners will form your bottom point.  I cut the rounded heart bumps (the top) above it.  We decorated our hearts with stickers and attached a pipe cleaner through two prepunched holes to make a handle.


Craft #2-Clifford
This craft appeared here when we celebrated Clifford's 50th birthday in 2013. From the pattern, I precut all of the shapes so the kiddos just had to assemble their Cliffords.  Some kids made their Cliffords upside down from my example, but that is okay.  Then Clifford just had a different look.


Craft #3-Heart collage
To make our third craft, I drew a heart shape in Microsoft Publisher and printed it on white cardstock.  I pretore red, pink, and purple construction paper and the kids added these pieces onto their heart.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...