Thursday, April 25, 2013

Flannel Friday-Five Senses

This week we talked about the five senses in our Music and Movement program and I thought that I would share our two flannelboards from that session.  The pieces aren't fancy-just clip art.  The fun parts are the rhymes!

Two little eyes to look around.
Two little ears to hear each sound.
One little nose to smell what's sweet.
One little mouth that likes to eat.
Two little hands to touch and play.
My five senses help me all day!
 
I don't remember where this second rhyme originally came from, but it appears a lot in early childhood programming books.  You can sing it to the tune of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", but I like to just say it.  We play it as a game where the kids shout out the answers when I get to the underlined words.
 
If a bird you want to hear,
You have to listen with your ear.
 
If you want to dig in the sand,
Hold the shovel in your hand.
 
To see an airplane as it flies,
You must open up your eyes.
 
To sniff a violet or a rose,
You sniff the fragrance through your nose.
 
 When you walk across the street,
You use two things you call your feet.
 
East and west and north and south,
To eat or talk you use your mouth.

This week's Flannel Friday Round-Up is hosted by Andrea at Roving Fiddlehead Kidlit.  For more information about Flannel Friday, check out the official blog.  If you are looking for flannel ideas, make sure you check out the Flannel Friday Pinterest page.

2 comments:

  1. This is excellent!! I love guessing games in storytime! I really like this theme too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I always enjoyed doing our Five Senses week when I was a preschool teacher. We had so much fun with our senses learning activities.

    Love your idea for using the last one as a game. Great for interaction and getting the little ones to really connect with the theme.

    Thanks for sharing!
    Hope you are enjoying your weekend. :-)
    ~ K ~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...