Friday, February 1, 2013

Favorite Authors

As I have been going through the ALA 2013 Notables list, I noticed that there are authors that I always order.  Their books are always good or fit our collection exactly right, that when I see their name, I am searching in our ordering system to find their next books.  I know that I could place them on standing order like I do our series books, but then I miss the fun of seeing what's coming out (honestly, it is like Christmas morning!).


Picture Books
  • Eric Carle
  • Lois Ehlert
  • Candace Fleming
  • Kevin Henkes
  • Eric Rohmann
  • Laura Vaccaro Seeger
  • The Steads (both Philip and Erin)
  • Melanie Watt (I am a gigantic Scaredy Squirrel fan.  Almost as big as Pete the Cat)
  • David Wiesner
  • Mo Willems
  • Paul Zelinsky

Chapter Books
  • Christopher Paul Curtis (Quality stuff & Michigan author)
  • Lois Lowry
  • Sarah Pennypacker
  • Laura Amy Schlitz (She has been really hitting the Newberys recently.)
  • Gary Schmidt (Quality stuff & Michigan author)
  • Raina Telgemeier

Nonfiction
  • Nic Bishop (Animal books and Michigan photographer.  Really, how can you beat that?!?)
  • Karen Blumenthal
  • Russell Freedman
  • Steve Jenkins (I can't have enough animal books.)
  • Phillip Hoose (Check out his recent record.  Really, they are all award winners.)
  • Deborah Hopkinson
  • Sy Montgomery
  • Jim Murphy
  • Kadir Nelson
  • Jack Prelutsky
  • Doreen Rappaport

The one important note about this list is that it is constantly evolving.  There are always new authors & illustrators appearing on the scene and new awards being presented.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...