Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Most Popular Books of 2013

I started putting together a "best books" display this morning based on all of the fun best book lists, when I got sidetracked by wanting to add in my library's most popular books.  Well, the display took a turn and ended up being just our most popular circing children's books of 2013.


To make it look nicer, I was able to pull multiple copies of many of the books and stack them.  When I stack my books, I like to turn the ones lying flat into a spiral to add interest (similar to what you would do with party napkins).  To add a guessing element to the display, listed the titles in order on the back of my display sign.  This way customers can guess if their favorite titles are on the list, then check to see if they were right.  It also helps staff pull more titles to add to the display.

If you are wondering what our most popular children's titles of 2013 have been, here is the list in order:
  1. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Third Wheel
  2. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever
  3. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days
  4. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules
  5. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw
  6. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Greg Heffley's Journal
  7. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Ugly Truth
  8. The Lightning Thief
  9. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
  10. Green Eggs and Ham
  11. Junie B., First Grader: Aloha-ha-ha!
  12. The Sea of Monsters
  13.  Junie B., First Grader: Jingle Bells, Batman Smells! (P.S. So Does May.)
  14. The Cat in the Hat
  15. If You Give a Cat a Cupcake
  16. The Very Hungry Caterpillar
  17. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
  18. Junie B., First Grader: Boo-And I Mean It!
  19. Captain Underpants and the Preposterous Plight of the Purple Potty People
  20. Junie B., First Grader: Dumb Bunny
  21. Hop on Pop
  22. If You Give a Mouse a Cookie
  23. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
  24. Heroes of Olympus: The Son of Neptune
  25. Junie B., First Grader: Cheater Pants
I guess that the big thing that you can learn from our list is the my customers love children's book series!  What are your top books?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...