- We redid our Activity Room in January with new toys and targeted signage highlighting early literacy skills.
- Our YS team decided to start work this fall on early literacy calendars. These will go live on January 1.
- We got a grant to start a circulating early literacy kit collection. Our first kits went live in April and we can't keep them on the shelf.
- We began incorporating STEAM into our programming plans. We now run a Little Scientists program for ages 3-6 and a Mad Scientists program for ages 7-12. This is in addition to our Tablet Tales program, Bedtime Math, and Block Parties.
- I worked to become a better manager. This one is ongoing and will be on my list for this year too.
- I survived my first library millage.
Now onto my 2015 plans/goals:
- We got another grant to expand our early literacy kit collection. This means that more kits will be created and the contents will eventually be posted on this blog.
- We will be doing a nonfiction reorganization this winter and will be adding BISAC subject headings.
- In my mind, this is the year of the school. We are working hard on connecting with local schools and building relationships. This is the year where we will be pushing outside of our walls and getting out into the community.
- Keep working on becoming a better manager.
I will be taking a year off from presenting at conferences, but will still be working with two great librarians to put on Michigan's second unconference-MiKidLib15. If you are within traveling distance of Kalamazoo, Michigan, plan on attending on Friday, April 24.
What are your plans for 2015?