It is retro day at Fun with Friends at Storytime as she brings back her very first post! Kathryn shows off her Five Cupcakes for Valentine's Day. Yum!
I saw this next post by Katie and immediately started singing the song-it's that fun! Check out There's a Little Wheel a-Turnin' in My Heart at Story Time Secrets. You will be singing it too!
Lisa at Thrive After Three shows off one of my favorite books for Baby Story Time-A Kiss Like This by Mary Murphy. If you haven't read the story before, you will want to check it out as it can fit multiple age groups. Plus, making kissing noises is too much fun!
Katie from Storytime Katie shows off another of my favorite things to do in Baby Story Time-The Shape Game! This fun game was inspired by Brooke at Reading with Red. While I use it with babies, you could definitely use it with 2 and 3 year olds too.
Just in time for your winter story time themes, Amy at One Little Librarian shows off her Five Little Olafs. If your kiddos are also still Frozen crazy, this will be a hit!
Do you wanna build a snowman? Sandy at Storytime Sparks has you covered with three snowman building rhymes and flannels, including one for Valentine's Day!
If your February schedule isn't set, you may want to check out Take Your Child to the Library Day. Jane at Piper Loves the Library shows off her awesome Pigeon plans. I am already trying to figure out how I can adapt it here.
There are two big announcements from Flannel Friday this week!
1. Anne and Melissa, two of our founders, will be hosting the first Storytime Petting Zoo at ALA Midwinter. It will be Saturday, January 31 at 2, after Guerrilla Storytime. I am jealous of everyone who will be attending as it will be great fun.
2. To help celebrate Flannel Friday's 4th birthday, we have something fun planned for the week of March 4-our first Guest Post Palooza. If you have always wanted to participate, but don't have a blog, this is your chance. Our current bloggers will host your guest post so sign up today! We are also looking for current bloggers to guest host so stop by to also sign up.
If you want to know more about Flannel Friday:
- Check out the official Flannel Friday blog that includes schedules and other important information.
- Search for images and links on our Pinterest page.
- Discuss story time stuff (and other ys stuff) on the Flannel Friday Facebook page.
- Follow #flannelstorytime on Twitter.