Thursday, October 3, 2013

Flannel Friday-Brown Bat, Brown Bat

This week is Flannel Friday's Halloween Extravaganza and I knew that I wanted to participate.  Unfortunately, all of my felt and flannelboards are still in boxes from the big move.  As I am doing baby story times for the first time ever, I have been trying to beef up my younger flannelboards.  Who better to be inspired by than Mel's Desk?


Brown bat, brown bat, what do you see?
I see a red leaf looking at me.

Red leaf, red leaf, what do you see?
I see an orange pumpkin looking at me.

Orange pumpkin, orange pumpkin, what do you see?
I see a black cat looking at me.

Black cat, black cat, what do you see?
I see a yellow moon looking at me.

Yellow moon, yellow moon, what do you see?
I see a gray owl looking at me.

Gray owl, gray owl, what do you see?
I see a white ghost looking at me.

I like this rhyme for young children because it is based on Brown Bear, Brown Bear which many of them can recite by heart.  It also uses simple shapes (die cuts) and bright colors.
 
Kay at Storytime ABC's is hosting this week's Flannel Friday round-up.  If you are looking for new ideas, check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...