Thursday, September 5, 2013

Flannel Friday-Apples!

Some of you may heard already, but I am starting a new position on Monday with my library system (yay promotion!).  Unfortunately, it means that all of the flannelboards that my colleague and I share need to be split up or copied as mine are coming with me and hers are staying at our current location.  We have always just shared back and forth.  Since I had some free time this morning while our computers were down, I made one for her.


Way up high in the apple tree,
Four little apples hung over me.
I shook the tree as hard as I could.
Down came the apples and mmmmm!
Were they good!

Way up high in the apple tree,
Three little apples hung over me.
I shook the tree as hard as I could.
Down came the apples and mmmmm!
Were they good!

Way up high in the apple tree,
Two little apples hung over me.
I shook the tree as hard as I could.
Down came the apples and mmmmm!
Were they good!

Way up high in the apple tree,
One little apple hung over me.
I shook the tree as hard as I could.
Down came the apple and mmmmm!
Was it good!
 
The pattern for these pieces came from Finger Folk by Marilyn Lohnes.  These smaller pieces work really well on our glove.  For those who don't use one, our kids here are fascinated whenever we bring out the glove.  Plus, it gives you more control over the flannelboard pieces, especially when you have an active group who likes to pull down pieces.  We use a lot of "5 Little" rhymes with our baby groups.

This second rhyme I copied from Kara's files as it is fantastic for apple story times, especially for the preschoolers.  Plus, it makes a nifty craft.  This one came from The Mailbox Companion from August/September 2008.


Here's a wiggly little worm
Looking for some lunch.
He sees a shiny apple
That looks good enough to much.
He opens up his mouth
And takes a bite so wide,
He pops right through the apple
And comes out the other side!
 
To make your own, we use small paper plates to make the apple shape.  We precut the leaves and the stem, which the kids glue on at craft time.  The kids also color the apple.  We have the hole pre-punched.   

Katie at Story Time Secrets is hosting this week's Flannel Friday round-up.  Stop by to check out all of the great ideas!

4 comments:

  1. Love the wiggly worm rhyme! Thanks for sharing another great apple idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the craft idea!

    Do you know if regular felt pieces will stick to the glove?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sort of. They do, but since I move my hand all around, I add a little Velcro to the back of each to give it extra sticking power. There's nothing more embarrassing than your pieces all falling off!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...