Thursday, May 30, 2013

Flannel Friday-A Blooming Garden

This week's rhyme is from the April/May 2010 issue of The Mailbox.  If you are unfamiliar with The Mailbox, it is a magazine geared towards teachers at different age levels.  We get the preschool edition.  While we are not teachers, there are a lot of great art, literacy, and story time ideas that we can tailor to our programs.  I also really like their patterns.  Even if it isn't something that I will use right now, I flag them for the future.  Now that my advertisement is over, I bring you A Blooming Garden.


Like all good things, the rhyme is copyrighted so I can write it out for you.  What happens is that all of the kids get a flower to start and when you call their name as part of the rhyme, they bring their flower up and put it in the basket (or gift bag).  While you can do it on the flannelboard, I use mine as a prop.

While a pattern is included with the rhyme, I just ran a bunch of flowers through our die cut machine using various colors of copy paper (it saved me coloring time!).  By using a variety of colors, you can talk to kids about colors, adding another dimension to the rhyme.  They also like to pick out their favorite colors. 

This week's Flannel Friday Round-Up is brought to you by Sarah at Read It Again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...