Thursday, August 9, 2012

Flannel Friday-Halloween Hilda

Every so often I like to browse through our state's interloan system for flannelboard/programming/early literacy books and recently I found an older one called Super Storytelling by Carol Catron from 1986 (ISBN 0513017933).  It contained a lot of great counting rhymes and patterns that ended up on my TBD (to be done) pile.  One such rhyme is Halloween Hilda.  I like this rhyme because I could make Hilda the witch on a foam core board and make her giant-sized


To make your own Hilda, I copied the pattern 150% bigger to help me gauge how to get her onto the board.  She is drawn and colored with Sharpie markers to make her bright.  To make the pocket for the rhyme, I cut the top (the zipper part) off of a gallon-sized Ziploc bag and glued it over her apron.  I like that it is clear so it isn't obvious it is there.

While you will have to get the book (or email me directly) to get the whole story/rhyme, Hilda eats the following:
1 spider
2 bats

3 frogs

4 pumpkins

and 5 scary monsters



Now I can't wait until Halloween so I can pull out Hilda!

This week's round-up is hosted by Erin at Falling Flannelboards

19 comments:

  1. This is really great! You really can't even see the zip lock. The kids will love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do I contact you directly. I have searched for an email but for some reason I am blind. Can you please contact me regarding this awesome flannel board. God Bless. Mrs. Valerie skubby1@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! I would be interested in receiving the story that accompanies this adorable board: dillie.sarah@gmail.com. Thank you so much! Your blog is very inspiring to a mom of 2 toddlers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    Could you send me the story that goes along with this precious flannel? I work in the childrens department at my library, and this would be perfect for storytime! Thanks and God Bless!

    smilinkyn[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would you please send me the rhyme of Hilda Witch. I am a retired kindergarten teacher and love making stories. I am a part of a program in my county called Rolling Readers.
    Cindy
    Razc10@earthlink.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fun idea for Halloween. Can you send me the story? I think my library kids would love it. wooz6481@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could you email me the rhyme for this story? I would like to make one. Thanks. lhoskins@gvpl.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello!
    Could you send me the story that goes along with the flannel?
    ccortez6@austin.rr.com. thank you so much.
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you have a pattern of hilda, that you can send me. ccortez6@austin.rr.com
    Thnaks,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  10. could you send me the story that goes along with the flannel. do you have a patteren of the hilda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here's my email ccortez6@austin.rr.com
    Thanks, connie

    ReplyDelete
  12. please send me the story..tlc4646@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi-I have tried your email multiple times with different variations of ".'s" and it keeps coming back as undeliverable. Can you check your email address?

      Delete
  13. I would also really appreciate the pattern and story. Thanks.

    Susan.

    ssitz@bcpl.org

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to have the pattern and story that go along with this flannelboard. Thank you so much Shawnda. shawnda@hcpl.lib.in.us

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lisa,
    Could you please send me the pattern and story for Halloween Hilda? It looks like a fun story to tell!
    Thank you!
    Cathy
    cpotter@rockyhillct.gov

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi lisa I am looking for the flanel of haloween hilda as well the story i could nor find if you could please email it to me .email rkarley@shaw.ca

      thanks
      Rosa

      Delete
    2. hi lisa I am looking for the flanel of haloween hilda as well the story i could nor find if you could please email it to me .email rkarley@shaw.ca

      thanks
      Rosa

      Delete
  16. Could you please send me the story and patterns . Thank you Misty
    lovebug15@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...